Boarding Terms and Conditions
Thank you for booking, or placing your pet/s in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge.
- We reserve the right to amend, revise or alter these Terms and Conditions at our discretion and without prior notice to owners.
- By signing this contract the owner acknowledges acceptance of these Terms.
- The owner agrees to provide their full, and correct contact details, as well as an alternative emergency contact name and number.
- The owner agrees to provide full, and correct details of their pet/s to Khatala Pet Lodge.
- During non peak periods the owner agrees to pay a booking confirmation deposit of 25% of the full boarding fee within 48 hours.
- During peak periods (School holidays, Public Holidays, Long Weekends) the owner agrees to pay a booking confirmation deposit of 50% of the full boarding fee within 48 hours. If any part of the booking falls within a peak period a deposit of 50% of the full boarding fee is required. (Due to limited space and large amount of enquiries). No booking can be held without payment of the deposit.
- The remainder of the boarding fees are payable on admission.
- The owner agrees to pay any and all extra costs at the time of pick-up of their pet/s.
- The owner acknowledges that there are no refunds for early collection or late drop-off of their pet/s from Khatala Pet Lodge.
- The owner acknowledges that boarding rates are calculated on a calendar day basis, irrespective of time of drop-off or pick-up.
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Peak Periods: (Long Weekends, Public Holidays, School Holidays) No deposit will be refunded for booking cancellations made less than 30 days before the arrival date.
- Off peak periods: No deposit will be refunded for booking cancellations made less than 14 days before the arrival date.
Health and Care:
- The owner agrees to inform Khatala Pet Lodge of any latent or current health problems or issues their pet/s may have that may require veterinary attention, or health issues that require special attention.
- All pet/s are fully vaccinated (C5 vaccination) and up to date with their vaccination, heartworm, flea and intestinal worming program covering the full boarding time at Khatala Pet Lodge. All C5 vaccinations to be completed at least 14 days before arrival to Khatala Pet Lodge.
- The owner acknowledges that their pet/s have been flea treated and dewormed no more than 3 days before drop off, unless flea treatment is done on a monthly basis. If fleas are found on their pet/s, they will be treated with Advantage Flea Treatment. All costs incurred for this treatment as well as any further actions required to prevent spreading of fleas at Khatala pet Lodge will be added to the owners account.
- The owner acknowledges that a Capstar tablet will be administered to their pet/s on admission, as an extra precaution to ensure Khatala Pet Lodge stays flea free. This is a once only treatment, incurring a cost of $4.00 per pet payable on admission.
- The owner provides authority to Khatala Pet Lodge to seek Veterinary care for their pet/s in the event of an illness, injury or accident and to release information regarding their pet/s to the Veterinarian in order to provide the required treatment. Khatala Pet Lodge will endeavor to contact the owners first, but in the event that the owner cannot be contacted, the Veterinarian’s decision is final.
- The owner authorises Khatala Pet Lodge to transport their pet/s for veterinary care to Greenfields Veterinary Hospital, Mandurah if required.
- The owner agrees to pay any and all costs incurred for Veterinary treatment when collecting their pet/s.
- No female dogs found to be in season can be accommodated at Khatala Pet Lodge, and the owner agrees to have their dog collected immediately. No unsterilised female dog can be admitted a month before, during or a month after a heat cycle.
- Canine Cough: All dogs must be up to date with their C5 vaccinations at least 14 days before arrival to Khatala Pet Lodge.
- The owner acknowledges that their dog/s will not be admitted to Khatala Pet Lodge if found coughing on arrival, unless a letter from a Veterinarian is shown with reasons for coughing.
- The owner acknowledges that, should their dog/s start coughing after arrival at Khatala Pet Lodge, and having been diagnosed with Canine Cough, they will have to be collected immediately.
- Canine cough is an airborne disease and easily transferred where dogs meet, such as the beach, park, vet rooms etc., owners are requested to please be mindful where they take their dogs for at least 14 days before arrival to Khatala Pet Lodge. The incubation period for Canine Cough can be up to 14 days.
- Due to the many strains of the Canine Cough virus, fully vaccinated dogs may still contract the illness.
- The owner acknowledges that no refund will be provided for any dog that needs to be collected due to Canine Cough.
- The owner agrees to take full financial liability, and shall indemnify Khatala Pet Lodge, its employees and representatives, from any claims or actions, of any kind, and nature whatsoever, arising from injury, sickness, Canine cough, accident, death, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever, of their pet/s whilst in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge where the utmost care and diligence has been taken by Khatala Pet Lodge.
- The owner indemnifies Khatala Pet Lodge, and takes full financial liability where their pet/s have caused injury to other pets or persons whilst in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge, where the utmost care and diligence has been taken by Khatala Pet Lodge.
- The owner accepts financial liability for any damage caused by their pet/s to Khatala Pet Lodge property.
- Although no dogs that are fence jumpers can be accommodated at Khatala Pet Lodge, the owner takes full responsibility for pets that do jump the fence, being fully aware that perimeter fences at Khatala Pet Lodge are 1.8m high, and inner fences 1.5m high.
- The owner acknowledges full disclosure of their pet’s temperament and socialisation history in the Pet Profile Document and provide permission for their pet/s to socialise with other dogs of the same size and temperament whilst staying at Khatala Pet Lodge.
- The owner acknowledges that only well socialised dogs will be permitted to play with other dogs whilst in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge; and that unsterilised male dogs may not always be permitted to socialise with other dogs.
Consent to use Photographs:
- The owner provides consent for Khatala Pet Lodge to use photographs and/or videos and names of their pet/s on our website, newsletters and all social media sites.
By signing these terms and conditions the owner certifies the accuracy of all information provided and acknowledges that the signing of this contract shall create a lien over their pet/s in favour of Khatala Pet Lodge. This lien will exist for so long as moneys are owing pursuant to this contract.
Print full name:…………………………………………………………………………………………………