Boarding Terms and Conditions
Thank you for booking and placing your dog/s in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge.
- We reserve the right to amend, revise or alter these Terms and Conditions at our discretion and without prior notice to owners.
- By signing this contract the owner acknowledges acceptance of these Terms.
- The owner agrees to provide their full contact details, as well as an alternative emergency contact name and number.
- The owner agrees to provide full and correct details of their dog/s to Khatala Pet Lodge.
- A deposit of 50% is required to confirm the booking, payable within 48 hours. Due to the number of enquiries and very limited space, bookings can no longer be held if the deposit is not paid within 48 hours.
- The remainder of the boarding fees are payable on admission.
- The owner agrees to pay any and all extra costs at the time of pick-up of their dog/s.
- The owner acknowledges there is no refund for early pick-up or late drop-off of their dog/s from Khatala Pet Lodge.
- The owner acknowledges that boarding rates are calculated on a calendar day basis, irrespective of time of drop-off or pick-up.
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- A cancellation notice of 30 days is required to qualify for a refund of the deposit.
Health and Care:
- The owner agrees to inform Khatala Pet Lodge of any latent or current health problems or issues their dog/s may have that require special care by Khatala Pet Lodge staff or veterinary attention.
- All dog/s to be fully vaccinated (C5 vaccination) and up to date with their vaccination, heartworm, flea and intestinal worming program covering the full boarding time at Khatala Pet Lodge. All C5 vaccinations to be completed at least 14 days before arrival to Khatala Pet Lodge.
- The owner acknowledges that their dog/s have been flea treated and dewormed no more than 3 days before drop off, unless flea treatment is done on a monthly basis. If fleas are found on their dog/s, they will be treated with Advantage Flea Treatment. All costs incurred for this treatment as well as any further actions required to prevent spreading of fleas at Khatala pet Lodge will be added to the owner’s account.
- The owner acknowledges that a Capstar tablet (flea treatment working 24 to 48 hours only) will be administered to their dog/s on admission, as an extra precaution to ensure Khatala Pet Lodge stays flea free.
- The owner authorises Khatala Pet Lodge to seek Veterinary care for their dog/s in the event of an illness, injury or accident and to release information regarding their dog/s to the Veterinarian to assist in making a diagnosis and any possible treatment.
- Khatala Pet Lodge will endeavor to contact the owner first should any Veterinary treatment be required, but in the event that the owner cannot be contacted, the Veterinarian’s decision is final.
- If required, the owner authorises Khatala Pet Lodge to transport their dog/s for veterinary care to Greenfields Vet Hospital, Mandurah, or Baldivis Animal Hospital for after hour services.
- The owner agrees to pay all costs incurred for Veterinary treatment when collecting their dog/s.
- No female dog/s that are in season can be accommodated at Khatala Pet Lodge and the owner agrees to have their dog/s collected immediately. No unsterilised female dog/s can be admitted a month before, during or a month after a heat cycle.
- Although no dogs that are fence jumpers can be accommodated at Khatala Pet Lodge, the owner takes full responsibility for dogs that do jump the fence, being fully aware that perimeter fences at Khatala Pet Lodge are 1.8m high, and inner fences 1.5m high.
- All dogs MUST be dog friendly and show no aggression towards humans.
- Canine Cough: All dogs must be up to date with their C5 vaccinations at least 14 days before arrival to Khatala Pet Lodge.
- The owner acknowledges that their dog/s will not be admitted to Khatala Pet Lodge if found coughing on arrival, unless a letter from a Veterinarian is shown with reasons for coughing.
- The owner acknowledges that, should their dog/s start coughing after arrival at Khatala Pet Lodge and having been diagnosed with Canine Cough, they will have to be collected immediately.
- Canine Cough is an airborne disease and easily transferred where dogs meet, such as at the beach, park, vet rooms etc. Owners are requested to please be mindful where they take their dogs for at least 14 days before arrival to Khatala Pet Lodge. The incubation period for Canine Cough can be up to 14 days.
- Due to the many strains of the Canine Cough virus, fully vaccinated dogs may still contract the disease.
- The owner acknowledges that no refund will be provided for any dog that needs to be collected due to Canine Cough.
- The owner agrees to take full financial liability, and shall indemnify Khatala Pet Lodge, its employees and representatives from any claims or actions, of any kind, and nature whatsoever, arising from injury, sickness, Canine Cough, accident, death, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever, of their dog/s whilst in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge where the utmost care and diligence has been taken by Khatala Pet Lodge staff.
- The owner indemnifies Khatala Pet Lodge, its employees and representatives, and takes full financial liability where their dog/s have caused injury to other pets or persons whilst in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge where the utmost care and diligence has been taken by Khatala Pet Lodge staff.
- The owner accepts liability and indemnifies Khatala Pet Lodge against the cost for any Veterinary care.
- The owner accepts financial liability for any damage caused by their dog/s to Khatala Pet Lodge property.
- The owner acknowledges full disclosure of their dog’s temperament and socialisation history in the Pet Profile Document. The owner provides permission for their dog/s to socialise with other dogs of the same size and temperament whilst in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge and at the discretion of Khatala Pet Lodge staff.
- The owner acknowledges that only well socialised dogs will be permitted to play with other dogs whilst in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge; and that unsterilised male dogs may not always be permitted to socialise with other dogs.
Consent to use Photographs:
- The owner provides consent for Khatala Pet Lodge to use photographs and/or videos and names of their dog/s on our website, and all social media sites.
By signing these terms and conditions the owner certifies the accuracy of all information provided.
Print full name:……………………………………………………………………………………………………